ISLAMIC MARRIAGE CEREMONY
Representative Board has authorized Head of Religious Affairs and Activity to conduct Islamic marriage and issue AMDA authorized Marriage Certificate according to the guideline established by the Representative Board.
Procedures for getting married at AMDA: *
Please note, we will do our best to accommodate your schedule, but this does not guarantee a meeting at the selected time. The Head of Religious Affair's office will contact you to set the appointment. THE WAIT FOR A WEEKEND APPOINTMENT IS LONGER.
- Recognize that marriage is only between a man and a woman.
- Obtain a marriage license from the local county courthouse/office and submit it before the Islamic marriage.
- Complete Nikah Service Request Form and submit it no later than seven days prior to the date of the Nikah ceremony.
- Complete the mandatory premarital counseling session before the Nikah ceremony.
- Provide two witnesses for the Nikah ceremony.
- Bring photo-id at the Nikah ceremony. Copy of photo-id will be kept at AMDA for record.
* AMDA will not procede with the Nikah until all paper work has been submitted, premarital counseling and all logistical matters have been completed.