· Wrote to AMDA’s Board to allow the community to deposit their bags of new or gently used clothing for Syrian refugees in the Masjid on occasion of the Friday Family Night Event on Jan 06 to be picked up by ‘Helping Hand for Relief and Development’ (HHRD) or our own volunteers for onward delivery to HHRD’s Southfield office.
· Delivered a khutba on Friday, Jan 06 on the topic: “The Fortunate Ones–Part 2.”
· Delivered a talk on the topic: “Muslims in Present Day America – Challenges and Opportunities” on Jan 06 on occasion of the Friday Family Night Event.
· Invited Br Amin Varis to deliver a khatira after Fajr prayer on Saturday, Jan 07. He gave a talk on a hadith from the collection of Imam Al- Nawawi’s Forty Hadith,” and also on the importance of working with the wider interfaith communities.
· Sent an email to Imam Siddeeq Jihad in response to his email dated Dec 24, 2016 to send me his short Biodata / resume that may help us to include him in the list of AMDA’s khateebs subject to Board’s approval.
· Sent an email to the Board on Jan 6 regarding a talk/seminar/mawlid honoring the Prophet (SAW), proposed to be conducted at AMDA by a group of youth led by Br Faizi Haque, one of our community members.
· Delivered a khutba on Friday, Jan 13th on the topic: “I am as My servant thinks I am.”
· Attended the fortnightly event, “Ideal Muslim Halaqa” in the Masjid after the Isha prayers on Friday, Jan 13th.
· At the request of the Board, drafted an ad for the position of an "Assistant Head of Religious Activities" to be advertised by AMDA in the near future. The text of the ad was sent by me through email to Br Moin Asjad, Br Muhammad Azim, and the Trustees of the Board on Jan 14th.
· Attended the 30th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Celebration Event on Jan 16th at the Dakota High School located at 21051 21 Mile Rd, Macomb, MI 48044. AMDA was one of the sponsors of the event.
· Sent two documents to the Board containing contents of two new brochures—(1) Misconceptions about Islam, and (2) Sharia, to be published by AMDA. There were seven brochures that had been published earlier.
· Sent an email on Jan 17th to Deacon Paul Latcha of St. Basil Byzantine Catholic Church, Sterling Heights, Michigan wishing him and his community a happy New Year in response to the New Year’s Card he had sent me.
· Sent a suggestion/recommendation to the Board on Jan 21st regarding selection of Huffaz to lead tarawih prayers at AMDA this year. InshaAllah, the matter will be discussed in the February Board’s meeting.
· Attended on Jan 26th, an orientation program called ‘English as a Second Language Chat Program’ at Faith Lutheran Church (37635 Dequindre Rd, Troy). This is a voluntary service to teach conversational English to new immigrants.
· Invited Imam Shamsid-deen and Imam Siddeeq Jihad to deliver Friday khutbas at AMDA on Feb 3rd and 10th respectively.
· At the request of Muslim Legal Fund of America (MLFA), scheduled the first khutba on Friday, April 7th for one of their representatives.
· Delivered a khutba on Friday, Jan 27th on the topic: “Calling to Allah and Responding to Him.”
· Gave a talk at the fortnightly event--“Ideal Muslim Halaqa” after the Isha prayers on Friday, Jan 27th on the topic, “The Muslim and His Wife.”
· Delivered a khatira after Fajr prayer on Saturday, Jan 28th on the topic, “Are you a Muslim by Chance or by Choice.”
· Along with Board Members and the Advisory Committee, participated in the Masjid Expansion Program Meeting held in the Masjid on Saturday, Jan 28th.
· Sent an email to the Board of Trustees, Representatives, and Standing Committee Members regarding my intention to perform Hajj this year and to accompany for Hajj a group of pilgrims from our own community.
· Delivered a short tafsir of few verses of the Qur’an every day after Fajr Salah.
· Conducted the weekly Quran classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays.