· A week-long program from July 31st to August 7th was conducted at AMDA Masjid for the sisters, daily from 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm by Sr. Sobia Hasan. The topic of the discourse was: “The Battle within Our Hearts: Conquering the Daily Struggles of Contemporary Muslim Women.”
· Delivered the khutba on Friday, August 5th on the topic: “Concept of Wisdom in Islam.”
· The Family Night Event was held on Friday, August 5th. The guest speaker--Dr. Muhammad Ramzi talked on the topic of Hajj. Later Br. Mahar Mattan, CEO of Manara Travel answered queries about registration for this year’s Hajj and the packages available for the intending pilgrims.
· Arranged the first meeting on August 10th with Brothers Zeeshan and Obair to discuss the theme and other aspects of AMDA’s open house - 2016 to be held on September 24th inshaAllah.
· Sent suggestions/recommendations related to the upcoming open house event on August 11th to AMDA’s Board Members.
· Compiled a write-up on the topic: ‘Misconceptions about Islam’ and emailed it to the Board members for a brochure to be published on that topic for distribution to the community.
· Delivered the khutba on Friday, August 12th on the topic: “Importance of Salah.”
· On a request made by Sheikh Ahmed Essam Aly—the visiting Hafiz from Egypt who led the Tarawih prayers during Ramadan, drafted a certificate stating that he had led the Tarawih prayers at AMDA Masjid. The draft was approved by the Board/Br Moin Asjad. The same has to be issued on AMDA’s letterhead, and mailed/emailed to Sheikh Ahmed.
· Delivered the khutba on Friday, August 26th on the topic: “Concept of Virtue in Islam – Part 1.”
· MYAMDA organized on August 26th a presentation after Maghrib salah on the topic, “Qur’an on the Deep Sea” to highlight some of the scientific miracles mentioned in the Qur’an. Dr. Muhammad Ramzi was the speaker.
· After seeking approval from Dr. Muhammad Azim over phone/text message, conducted Janazah prayer at AMDA Masjid for the deceased Kanaan Nsaif Jasim Al-Ezzy, resident of 10661 Saratoga St, Oak Park, MI 48237 on Tuesday, August 30. Later accompanied the funeral to the White Chapel Cemetery.
· Sisters’ halaqa was held on every Tuesday from 7:00 to 8:00 pm. Sister Madiha Bajwa spoke on the tafsir of the 30th Juz of the Qur’an.
· Conducted the weekly Quran classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays.