· Sheikh Ahmed Essam Aly—the visiting Hafiz from Egypt who led the Tarawih prayers during Ramadan conducted a daily Quranic halaqa after Fajr prayers in the last 10 days of Ramadan.
· Delivered the khutba on Friday, July 1st on the topic: “Two Levels of Understanding the Quran.”
· Fundraising for AMDA Masjid was conducted in the Masjid after Isha prayers on the 27th night of Ramadan.
· Fundraising was conducted in the Masjid in the last few nights of Ramadan by three Islamic Seminaries operating in Detroit for their respective institutions of learning: (1) Madani Muslim Community Service; (2) Ideal Islamic Center; and (3) Jamia Islamia Darul Uloom Detroit, and also by the ‘Diversified Educational Foundation.’
· Led the Eid prayers and delivered the Eid khutba on July 6th.
· MYAMDA organized a ‘Paintball Tournament’ for the youth on July 24th. Around 30 youth registered and participated in the event.
· Delivered the khutba on Friday, July 29th on the topic: “Islamic Solution to Racism.”
· Shaykh Moiz Hasan delivered a talk in the Masjid after Asr prayers on July 29th.
· Prepared a brochure on the topic: ‘Sharia’ for publication and free distribution to the community. This was the fifth brochures prepared this year for the purpose of da’wah and education.
· Had preliminary discussions with Br Zeeshan Rizwan and Br Obair Siddiqi regarding Br Obair’s proposal to have a workshop for youth conducted by Br Abu Faris—Founder and CEO of “ProductiveMuslim.com” organization in the last week of October, 2016.
· Conducted the weekly Quran classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays.