1. Sisters’ halaqas were held every Tuesday and Sunday during the month of Ramadan.
2. Gave a talk on the topic: ‘Welcoming Ramadan’ on the occasion of the Friday Family Night event on June 03.
3. Gave Jumu’ah khutbas on Fridays, June 3rd and 24th at AMDA and June 17th at IONA.
4. Shaykh Moiz Hassan gave a talk after Maghrib salah on Saturday, June 4 on the spiritual aspects of Ramadan.
5. Students from the Central Michigan University (CMU) along with their professor, Dr. Lance Miller visited AMDA and observed the congregants praying the Zuhr Salah. They had lunch with us and later participated in a discussion on the topic: ‘Death and Afterlife in Islam’. I gave a brief talk on the topic followed by a Q&A session.
6. Participated in AMDA Academy’s graduation ceremony on Sunday, June 5th. Also introduced Br Qamruzzaman – the keynote speaker and author of the book ‘Muslim in Transit’ to teachers, parents, and students. Later the author signed and gifted 30 books to the Academy’s teachers and volunteers. The cost of the books was shared by him and Dr. Amanullah Dada – the principal of the Academy.
7. Wrote to AMDA’s Board regarding the religious ruling of the prohibition of collecting donation from the congregants while the Friday khutbah is being delivered. Henceforth, the donation on Fridays will be made either before the khutbah starts or after the Friday prayers have been performed.
8. Wrote to AMDA’s Board regarding the religious ruling of the prohibition of conducting trading activities such as the ‘Eid Bazaar/Mela’ inside the Masjid prayer hall area. Consequently the Eid Mela arranged by our sisters at AMDA on June 18th was organized in the multipurpose room and under canopy tents outside the Masjid.
9. Had a meeting with Mr. Mark Maher Salmo of White Chapel Cemetery (Troy, MI) and got an estimate for 50 to 100 burial plots that may be purchased by AMDA to be used for burial purposes when the need for same arises in the community.
10. Gave a talk on the topic, ‘Institution of Fasting in Islam’ at the interfaith iftar dinner held at IONA on June 21st .
11. Gave a speech on occasion of AMDA’s fundraising iftar dinner on Saturday, June 25th.
12. Prepared four brochures on Islamic subjects for publication and free distribution to the community. These are: (1) Muhammad: The Man-The Prophet-The Legacy, (2) Ramadan - The Islamic Month of Fasting, (3) Status of Women in Islam, and (4) The Islamic Dress Code: Modesty and Hijab.